The hotel is where a number of events happen in the Puppet Master franchise. The first scene of the first film opens at the inn, showing the great Puppet Master Andre Toulon caring for his animated puppets. It is later revealed he is hiding there from the Nazis, who eventually find him, though not before he can kill himself to keep the secret of life from them.
- Puppet Master
- Puppet Master 2
- Puppet Master 3: Toulon's Revenge (Archive footage when Toulon dreams)
- Puppet Master 4
- Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter
- Curse of the Puppet Master (Archive footage)
- Puppet Master: The Legacy
- Puppet Master: Axis of Evil
- Puppet Master: Axis Rising (Mentioned)
- Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich
- Eternity Comics
- Action Lab Comics
- Bodega Bay Inn was filmed at Castle Green, Pasadena, California.
- Bodega Bay is named after the location where Alfred Hitchcock filmed his movie The Birds.
- Although it is never stated in the films exactly why Toulon chose this particular inn, the short-lived comic series by Eternity Comics does give an answer. The inn was owned by Toulon's cousin.
- Bodega Bay Inn appears in the 2015 Action Lab Comics.
- Most of the exterior shots of the building were made using a miniature model of Castle Green that was built by David Allen.
- Among the famous people that were reported to have stayed at the hotel were: Carole Lombard, Clark Gable and Queen Elizabeth II.