Torch has suffered some injuries throughout his career. He was blasted with a fire repellent as well as whipped and electrocuted by a Totem.
Torch's head is made out of metal and is shaped like a German Stahlhelm helmet with small spear on the top. He has a mechanical jaw with bronze bullets for teeth. His eyes are a square shape with amber glass lenses. When he is getting ready to attack a red light shines through his eyes.
He wears a yellow military jacket with a golden star with wings badge on it. He has dark blue pants that are tucked into long black leather boots. On his left hand he wears a black glove and only has four fingers. On his right hand he has a black flamethrower cylinder.
Puppet Master II
Torch was built for the first time by Eriquee Chaneé (an undead Andre Toulon) shortly after his resurrection at the Bodega Bay Inn. It would seem that Torch was bought to life by a different method than the other puppets as Toulon was using a spell which cast fire and bird-like shriek before Torch came to life. Torch was given a flamethrower to help protect the secrets so that the parapsychologists staying at the hotel wont discover them.
The puppets become very weak, especially Jester so Toulon sent out Torch, Blade and Leech Woman into the night to murder people so he could harvest their brain matter to be used to create more elixir. The puppets broke into an old shack on a farm, it is there that Leech Woman was killed by the woman that lived there, by throwing her into a furnace. Torch got revenge on the woman by burning her to death. Blade harvested the woman's brain but it is later revealed that it cannot be used because it has been burnt too badly.
Torch also went out during the day to find victims, he killed a child in a forest close to the hotel, simply for being provoked and was later ordered to kill Michael Kenney, a man staying at the hotel as at this point Toulon's rotting brain has descended into madness and he believed that one of the parapsychologists is his wife Elsa reincarnated. Michael put up a fight though and sprayed a fire extinguisher at Torch, temporary disabling his flamethrower and then he threw the entire extinguisher at Torch which knocked him out.
Torch later woke up and realized he has been betrayed by Toulon (who was now n a new mannequin body, after using all the elixir the puppets have killed for just for himself) and so he turned on Toulon by setting him on fire, destroying him. Afterwards, he and the puppets assisted Miss. Camille, a mannequin containing the soul of Camille Kenney, who is now evil for unknown reasons in "visiting" mentally ill children. This story is never followed up in the movies but is in the Action Lab Comics.
Puppet Master V
He showed up at Bodega Bay Inn while it was locked down by police after the events of Puppet Master 4. Although Torch was not seen in the previous movie which takes place one day before, he emerged this time for unknown reasons. This time he, along with the other puppets were assisting Rick Myers and their battle against Sutekh. He fought Sutekh's Totem but his flamethrower didn't seem to be effective and the Totem retaliated with a magic beam which knocked him out temporarily.
Even though he was fighting for the forces of good, he still showed occasional aggression, becoming the only puppet in 5 to kill someone. One of the thugs who broke into Bodega Bay Inn during its police lock down was Dr. Jennings who came to steal one of the puppets to use in his robotics company and get rich from it. After Jennings attacked Rick in an elevator, Torch waited for him at the top and fired his flamethrower towards him making him fall back down the elevator shaft to his death. That is the last time Torch is seen in the movies, it is unknown what happened to him after that.
Puppet Master: The Legacy
During this time Maclain, a rogue assassin broke into the Bodega Bay Inn and interrogated Peter Hertz (who had recently inherited the magic and the puppets). She had told him about reports of Torch and how he had killed the woman at the farm house many years ago. It is unknown where she had got this information from.
Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich
Action Lab Comics
His soul is revealed to be Andre Toulon's son 'Erich' in the Action Lab Comics. Erich betrayed his parents in Berlin and had joined Hitler's Youth.
- Puppet Master II
- Puppet Master 4 (Poster only)
- Puppet Master 5: The Final Chapter
- Puppet Master 6: Curse of the Puppet Master (Archival footage)
- Puppet Master 8: The Legacy (Archival footage)
- Puppet Master: Axis of Evil (Photo cameo)
- Puppet Master: Axis Termination (Poster only)
- Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich
- Eternity Comics
- Action Lab Comics
- Torch's picture is seen in Puppet Master: Axis of Evil as the credits roll.
- Torch appears on the poster art for Puppet Master 4 and also in behind the scenes photos, but he was cut from the movie and saved for Puppet Master 5 instead.
- Torch had been mistaken to appear in Puppet Master X: Axis Rising, but that is impossible since Andre Toulon created him in 1991. They may be mistaken by The Puppet, Named "Blitzkreig", or another Nazi puppet. Though there was an idea that Torch was actually recycled from parts of those puppets.
- He was going to be in Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys but then was replaced with Jester for unknown reasons. He still appears on the early concept art for the movie fighting Mr. Static.
- Torch is the only puppet to kill a child.
- Torch was announced to appear in Axis Termination, but was cut from the movie because Charles Band wasn't sure how to fit him into the story. He still appeared on the promotional posters of the movie however.
- His flame thrower can shoot out a flame that is 10 feet long.
- Some fans have theorized that Torch's soul could be Neil Gallagher, Peter Hertz, or even a fire demon that Toulon was summoning, or one of the farm animals that the puppet's had killed earlier on. None of these are true.
- The Plush Buddy toys claim that Torch's flame has a mind of its own and is named Smoulder.